This position is responsible for Investment Proposal (IP) appraisal, projects monitoring and reporting, contribute financial and modelling expertise to new projects opportunities, including exciting new energy projects, and provide ad hoc support in Financing and Treasury matters. Key products to be covered are chemicals, gases, veg oil / bio fuels and base oils. Position reports to the Manager, Business Analyst.
Investment Proposals Evaluation and Monitoring
- Evaluate investment proposals, from various perspectives including commercial, operational, financial and risk management, to provide an integrated and well-substantiated recommendation for investment decision making.
- Ensure that the IPs and financial models are adhere to Vopak investment policies and financial evaluation guidelines.
- Monitor the progress implementation of approved projects from a financial and risk management perspective to ensure projects are executed in accordance to approved assumptions and budgets.
- Work with Operating Companies (OpCos) and other functional teams in revaluating project development, consolidating data and information on progress of projects in execution and in the pipeline.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of data and information reported across various input systems and sources.
New Project Development
- Work with Commercial, Business Development, Technical and other functional teams to ensure inputs to financial models are well-substantiated.
- Develop case scenarios and sensitivities to support decision making during various project stages.
- Assist the project team in devising strategies to support project feasibility such as developing business cases, scenario analyses, detailing finance structures, performing due diligence, etc.
- Exercise governance role to Investment proposals and financial models submitted by OpCos on behalf of the Regional office, and liaise with Global counterparts to advance investment proposal for approval.
Business Analysis and Treasury
- Contribute financial and modelling expertise in supporting key business activities such as commercial negotiations, contract and concession renewals.
- Review cash flow forecast, work with OpCos to devise (re)financing strategy and where applicable, provide support to execute the strategy.
- Monitor dividend declaration from OpCos and enhance process to ensure dividend governance.
- Liaising with Treasury team to support OpCos financing and refinancing.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate must a team player with ability to work independently in cross-functional taskforces. The role requires strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking abilities. Ability to pay attention to details, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong stakeholder management skills. He or she has a strong results driven personality with a high level of enthusiasm, good planning, and organization and periodization skills. Last but not least, candidate must be willing to travel.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, and Engineering preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modelling and analysis, with at least 5 to 7 years' experience in a similar capacity.
How to apply?
Are you the Regional Business Analyst we are looking for? Then be part of our Regional Finance Team and apply via the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email email@example.com