Join Vopak in Asia & Middle East. Make an impact.
Your role and impact:
As our Operations Trainee Technician, you will be responsible for the smooth and safe execution of all operations and day to day activities in the terminal. The Senior Operations Shift Technician has an additional responsibility to mentor, guide the Operations Technician/Junior Technicians in their day to day operational activities
Are you ready to make an impact on our growing business in our region? Read on to find out more about this exciting job opportunity!
A rewarding place to work
A career at Vopak means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, global tank storage services leader with a heritage of over 400 years and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We embrace inclusion and diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, which is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success. Besides a competitive salary package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program comprising health insurance, parental leave and wellness activities.
Who are we?
Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company, operating 71 terminals in 23 countries. We store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, we ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products vital for the energy, chemicals and food & agriculture industries, and to our daily lives. As a progressive and growing company, we continue transforming our portfolio and position our company strategically towards more sustainable forms of energy and feedstocks for example hydrogen and CO2.
We are committed to develop key infrastructure solutions for the world's changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Carry out Operations day to day activities safely in accordance with standard operating procedure
- Familiarise with the petroleum and chemical products handled and the terminal operating system in the control room, tank farm and jetties
- Carry out shifts punctually and in an orderly manner, passing along to his relief all information related to the operations, housekeeping and changes that occurred during his shift
- Adhere to the corrective action addressed to past incident
- Practise all established rules and work procedures and keep abreast of the rules and procedures which may be implemented from time to time
- Assist in cleaning and preparation of tanks, pumps and lines for change of product service
- Decommissioning, tagging and preparing of process equipment before handing over to technical personnel for repair and / or maintenance.
- Attend to loading arms/ hoses connection and ship / shore access ladder
- Deliver loading / discharge orders to vessel; obtains signatures of master on all relevant documentations; accepts notice of readiness and discusses loading / discharge plans with the ship's officer
- Monitor loading / discharge, monitor line pressure, pumping rates; ensuring ship's mooring lines are taut, gangway and loading arms are moving properly and that ship is complying with terminal safety rules and regulations
- Carry out lead blending and other related activities for Gasoline blending
- Record all pumping start / stop times and delays for vessels at jetties
- Receive and account for the quantity and quality of empty drums delivered by supplier
- Assist in CCR operations in the absence of Operations Supervisor
- Supervise and oversee berthing and unberthing of large tankers
- Ensure that all incident cases are managed and acted upon immediately
- Ensure that all incidents are reported to next level manager/management in a timely manner
- Follow basic mandatory work instructions (including use of personal protection equipment) to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of oneself and others.
- Practise safety at work
- Ensure all operational activities at the terminal are carried out in accordance with regulatory and company standards
- Carry out safety and pollution checks with the ship's officer
- Liaise closely with the pilot to ensure safe mooring of the vessel and proper spotting of the ship's manifold to our loading arms.
- Understand and practise all established rules and work procedures and keeping abreast of the rules and procedures which may be implemented from time to time
- Deliver on customers' expectations and requirements in a timely manner
- Address concerns from customers
- Address enquiries from Internal customers on the services and managing the
- Adhere to corrective actions addressed to customer's complaint
- Support Operations Team Leader in ensuring that contractors or third party vendors execute operations tasks / activities at site effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that contractors carry out tasks/activities that adhered to safety, health and environment regulations and Vopak standards
- Mentor, guide technicians, junior technician in operations activities and job competency
- Mentor and guide technicians/junior technicians (applicable to Senior Technician)
- Entry level or <3 years experience can be considered for the role
- ITE or Vocational education or Diploma equivalent
- Familiar with the petroleum and chemical products handled and the terminal operating system in the control room, tank farm and jetties
- Familiar with terminal operations work and is technically sound
- Familiar with terminal equipment and assets
- Familiar with terminal fire-fighting and emergency procedures.
- Well verse with the operation procedures
- Knowledge of safety, health and environment regulatory requirements
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supervisory and mentoring experience (applicable to Senior Technician)
How to apply?
Are you the Operations Trainee Technician we are looking for? We are interested in learning more about you. Apply to be part of our Operations team. To send your application, click the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about careers in Vopak on our YouTube channel here
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may cover other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The successful candidate will be awarded a local employment contract.