Join Vopak in Asia & Middle East. Make an impact.
Your role and impact:
As our Assistant Accountant (VAS & AR), you will be responsible for the full set of books accounting for Vopak Asia Division Office (VAS) and billing and accounts receivable processing that includes generating invoices, collections and dispute resolutions for both internal and external customers.
Are you ready to make an impact on our growing business in our region? Read on to find out more about this exciting job opportunity!
A rewarding place to work
A career at Vopak means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, global tank storage services leader with a heritage of over 400 years and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We embrace inclusion and diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, which is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success. Besides a competitive salary package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program comprising health insurance, parental leave and wellness activities.
Who are we?
Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company, operating 71 terminals in 23 countries. We store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, we ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products vital for the energy, chemicals and food & agriculture industries, and to our daily lives. As a progressive and growing company, we continue transforming our portfolio and position our company strategically towards more sustainable forms of energy and feedstocks for example hydrogen and CO2.
We are committed to develop key infrastructure solutions for the world's changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- General Ledger & Closing: Lead person to process month end closing activities including receipts accounting, posting of Subledgers and revaluation of balances
- Responsible for payroll, prepayment, provisions and accruals accounting
- Ensure all Subledgers are reconciled to General Ledgers
- Review and ensure financial statements are fairly represented
- Own overall monthly or quarterly Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliation
- Prepare relevant schedules for Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Tagetik Reporting: Prepare and upload of monthly results from OCS to Tagetik
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements in Tagetik
- Ensure reconciliation of OCS to Tagetik is in order
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of Tagetik
- Statutory Audit: Lead and coordinate annual audit accounts filing with Division Finance team
- Main liaison with Auditors (Deloitte)
- Responsible for audit adjustments
- Complete reconciliation of Statutory Accounts to IFRS (Tagetik) reporting
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of Statutory Audit
- Statutory Tax: Lead and coordinate annual tax filings with Division Finance team
- Main liaison with Tax Consultant (PWC)
- Prepare tax organizer
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of Statutory Tax
- Billing / Invoicing: Process include system or manual invoicing activities (storage rental, ancillary services, back-to-back billings for industrial customers, water, mooring, dockage, wharfage, diesel, N2 and etc.), preparation of supporting documents or allocations and special invoicing arrangements agreed with customers
- Support Invoicer (Customer Service) to resolve any related issues that affects timeliness of invoice issuance with Operations, Customer Service and Commercial
- Responsible for all intercompany billings
- Collection: Manage customers' collection activities and ensure tight monitoring of DSO of 30 days
- Support cash receipts application process on APRO by providing invoices details
- Resolve any related issues that affects timeliness of collection with customers
- Monthly Closing: Support closing of AR Subledger including generating relevant reports
- Reconciliation of AR Subledger to General Ledger
- Prepare Deferred Income journal entries
- Support accruals of revenue with Accountant
- Resolve any related issues that affects timeliness of monthly closing
- Reporting: Responsible for DSO and customers' aging analysis
- Prepare relevant schedules for Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Support cash flow management by providing cash collection information
- Support internal and external audit when needed
- Responsible to seek continuous improvement in business processes in particularly to optimize the usage of technology and automation
- Special projects as assigned
- Degree, Diploma or professional qualification in Accountancy
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a Shared Services environment is an advantage
- Highly motivated,
- Good communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Speed, accuracy and timeliness
- Governance, control and compliance mindset
- Problem solving and process improvement abilities
- ERP or system knowledge in Oracle and Tagetik (reporting software)
How to apply?
Are you the Assistant Accountant (VAS & AR) we are looking for? We are interested in learning more about you. Apply to be part of our Finance team. To send your application, click the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about careers in Vopak on our YouTube channel here
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may cover other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The successful candidate will be awarded a local employment contract.