Join Vopak in Asia & Middle East. Make an impact.
Your role and impact:
As our Accountant, you will be responsible for financial closing, reporting, planning, and analysis of the business performance, statutory reporting audit, control and governance.
Are you ready to make an impact on our growing business in our region? Read on to find out more about this exciting job opportunity!
A rewarding place to work
A career at Vopak means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, global tank storage services leader with a heritage of over 400 years and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We embrace inclusion and diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, which is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success. Besides a competitive salary package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program comprising health insurance, parental leave and wellness activities.
Who are we?
Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company, operating 71 terminals in 23 countries. We store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, we ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products vital for the energy, chemicals and food & agriculture industries, and to our daily lives. As a progressive and growing company, we continue transforming our portfolio and position our company strategically towards more sustainable forms of energy and feedstocks for example hydrogen and CO2.
We are committed to develop key infrastructure solutions for the world's changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Process owner of General Ledger, Closing and Reporting
- Lead person to process month end closing activities including receipts accounting, posting of Subledgers and revaluation of balances
- Responsible for payroll, prepayment, provisions and accruals accounting
- Ensure all Subledgers are reconciled to General Ledgers
- Review and ensure financial statements are fairly represented
- Own overall monthly or quarterly Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliation
- Prepare relevant schedules for Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Responsible for complex Deferred Taxation analysis
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Prepare and upload of monthly results from OCS to Tagetik
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements in Tagetik
- Ensure reconciliation of OCS to Tagetik is in order
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of Tagetik
- Process owner of Control & Governance
- Financial Reporting Integrity: Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Support Finance Manager with controls and process to ensure uphold of financial reporting integrity
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Support Vopak control & governance events including Control Risk Self Assessment (CRSA) and Business Process Review (BPR)
- Process owner of Statutory Audit
- Lead and coordinate annual audit accounts filing
- Main liaison with Kertih and Lanshan Finance team
- Main liaison with Auditors (Deloitte)
- Responsible for audit adjustments and complex consolidation accounting
- Complete reconciliation of Statutory Accounts to IFRS (Tagetik) reporting
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of Statutory Audit
- Lead and coordinate annual tax filings
- Main liaison with Tax Consultant (PWC)
- Prepare tax organizer
- Resolve any related issues that affects accuracy and timeliness of Statutory Tax
- Main liaison with government departments and agencies and surveys completion
- Main liaison with JV Partner's finance team
- Prepare reporting requirements as requested (monthly, LE and Budget)
- Collate and analyze data using pre-set tools, methods and formats. Involves working independently.
- Drive continuous process improvement for relevant process workstream
- Responsible to seek continuous improvement in particular to optimize the usage of data, technology, automation
- Act as the Finance Key User for OCS and mapping of Chart of Accounts
- Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business or professional qualification in Accountancy
- CPA qualification required
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in accounting (in particular consolidation accounting)
- Proven strong analytical skills and conceptual capabilities
- In-depth understanding of financial reporting, financial management and taxation concepts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for dealing with a cross functional team
- Self-Driven with can improve attitude
- Able to plan, organize, set priorities and deliver
- Problem solving and process improvement abilities
- ERP or system knowledge in Oracle and Tagetik (reporting software)
- Expertise in IFRS and local statutory requirements are preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written English
How to apply?
Are you the Accountant we are looking for? We are interested in learning more about you. Apply to be part of our Finance team. To send your application, click the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email email@example.com
Learn more about careers in Vopak on our YouTube channel here
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may cover other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The successful candidate will be awarded a local employment contract.